Amma Two Wheeler Scheme 2022 was started by the Tamil Nadu Govt to help working women of the State. TamilNadu two-wheeler scheme was launched in 2018
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
Tamilnadu government has introduced Amma Two Wheeler Scheme to empower working women.
Under this scheme, the state government is offering financial assistance to the women of the state in need of a mode of transport for the purpose of moving between their workplace and home.
If you are looking for more information on Amma Two Wheeler Scheme then I will suggest you read this full article.
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme: Amma Scooter Scheme
The scheme was started in the year 2018. Under Amma Two Wheeler scheme applicants can avail of discounts on the purchase of a two-wheeler up to 50% or a maximum of 25000 whichever is lower. The balance amount applicant has to manage. The main motive through the scheme’s implementation is the ease that the woman will go through because of the easy access to vehicles like Scooty or bicycles as per their desire. Also, special retro-fitted three-wheeler scooters will be made available to physically disabled women. The scheme is also known as Pradhan Mantri Amma Scooter Yojana.
Brief of Amma Two Wheeler Yojana
- Name of Scheme: Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
- Started by: Government of Tamil Nadu
- Beneficiaries: Women of Tamil Nadu
- Official Website: http://www.tamilnadumahalir.org/
Advantages of Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
The scheme has the motive to empower working women of Tamil Nadu. 1 lakh women each year will be benefited from this scheme.
The government will provide a subsidy of up to 50% or 25000 whichever is lower. The scheme is applicable to all Tamil Nadu Rural and Urban residents.
Eligibility for Scooter scheme
|Age||18 to 40 years|
|Annual Income||250000 maximum|
|Education||8th Class appeared|
|License||Driving License is mandatory|
Eligibility criteria for Amma Two Wheeler Scheme are:
- Women must be engaged with the employed group
- All the women who are commuting long distance
- Women who are the primary source of income for the family
- Women working in the unorganized or organized sector
- women working with govt aided organization
- Women working in Private project
- All contractually employed women
- Banking correspondents/Banking Facilitators and ASHA workers
- These women will be given priority
- Women traveling from remote areas
- Women who are widowed
- Women who are unmarried above 35 years of age
- differently-abled women
- SC/ST women will be given priority
Apply For Amma 2 Wheeler Scheme in 2021
Reservation under Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
The government has provided reservations about the scheme for women who belong to the following category
|Category||Reservation for Amma Two Wheeler scheme|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||21%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||1%|
|Differently-abled||4 % ( Across All Categories)|
What is the Document required for Scooty Scheme?
To avail, the benefit of the Amma Two Wheeler scheme following Documents are required
- Age Proof
- Address Proof (Adhaar card, DL, Voter Card)
- Driving license
- Income certificate
- Adhaar card
- Proof of employment
- Passport size photograph
- Caste Certificate
How to apply for Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
To avail of the Amma two-wheeler scheme Scheme subsidy following steps need to be followed
- Take the application form by visiting the Block Offices, Urban Local Body offices, and the Collectorates free of cost to the applicant.
- You can download the application form from the official link
- The application charge is free
- Fill and submit the application form in the respective offices
- You can speed post do yourself and submit the application form
Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme Application Form:
Download the application form and Application process
Follow the process to download the form for Amma Scooty Yojana or Pradhan Mantri Amma Scooter Yojana
- Step 1: Visit the official website http://www.tamilnadumahalir.org
- Step 2: Fill out the application form and submit to the respective Block Offices or Urban Local Body Offices in person or you can post it through Speed or Registered Post.
- Things to follow while filling the rural form
- Paste Your photograph
- Fill details such as District name, Father Name, Mother Name, Adress, etc
- Fill the details of the scooter, cost, brand, Loan or self-funding, quotation and other required details
- Attached required documents ( Aadhar, PAN, Bank statement, DL)
- Sign the application form
- Things to follow while filling Urban Form
- Download the application form from Following Link http://www.tamilnadumahalir.org/tnatws.html
- Other steps will be the same as Rural
- Things to follow while filling the rural form
- Step 3: Take the acknowledgment
Specifications of Amma Scooter:
Following are the specifications of scooter that you can take under Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
- Engine Capacity: Up to 125CC
- Date of Manufacture: Should be manufactured on or after 1 January 2018.
- Emission: Should comply with the latest guidelines.
- Differently-Abled: Retro-fitted three-wheeler scooter.
You cannot sell you two-wheeler up to a period of three years without the prior permission of the Project Director of TMSRLM.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Below are some of the frequently asked questions about the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme:
Where do I send my form?
The duly filled application form should be submitted to the local or respective Block Offices or Urban Local Body Offices. You could also submit the application form through Speed or Registered Post to the respective offices.
How can I get a two-wheeler subsidy in Tamil Nadu?
The Tamil Nadu government has launched the Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme to empower working women, especially from the underprivileged society. The scheme offers two-wheelers with 50% subsidy or a maximum of Rs.25,000 of the cost of the vehicle. The balance has to be paid through your own funds or can avail a bank loan.
How do I get an Amma scooter?
Women who are working as individuals or as groups for livelihood activity or wage employment and are commuting far distances for work are eligible for the Amma scooter scheme. However, one has to fulfil the eligibility criteria mentioned above to get an Amma scooter.
Can I apply for the Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme if I have a Learner’s Licence (LL)?
If you have applied for a Learner’s Licence (LL), you should get a valid Driving Licence (DL) before submitting the application for the subsidy. The copy of your DL has to be attached along with the Subsidy Claim Form to get the 50% of the vehicle cost subject to a maximum of Rs.25,000.
Do I get the subsidy before I buy the vehicle?
No, you will have to buy the two-wheeler and submit the Registration Certificate of the vehicle along with your DL to release 50% of the eligible subsidy.